Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's been said on youtube.

I still don't feel up to writing a race report for Leadville yet, so I got lazy and had youtube do it.

First, I was rather homeless for the week.


In this scene, I am portrayed by Brad Pitt, which is an obvious choice of course.


After that week and a little mountain biking, I headed up to Leadville


2 hours later, The Baja and I squeaked into Leadville for registration with all the other runners.

After registration and some huevos rancheros, son of Ken Chlouber gave a speech that was quite honestly of this caliber:

Not a dry eye in the building.


Later that afternoon, my mom(from Michigan) and girlfriend came to town unexpectedly to support me. We went out for festivities.



about 3 hours later, the race started:

I'm nowhere to be found in this video.


2 hours later: Cocina Real's revenge I am portrayed by fellow Michigander Jeff Daniels.

Not. Cool.

40 Miles later I dance my way up hope pass, then had an interesting trip down, as Mr. Andy Samberg has reinacted here:


I came down to Winfield, curled up in a ball, cried a minute or 12, then reversed course.


I hauled mega ass into the twin lakes aid station, then my leg died. The Sun went down, and it got really cold:



yadda yadda yadda, lots of character building and being stripped of any remaining pride, yadda yadda yadda, limping 30 miles alone in the Colorado wilderness....



I'll get around to a real race report soon...probably.

2 comments:

  1. Probably one of the best RRs ever, even though this isn't a RR. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snatch was a highly underrated movie. Limping Man... not so much.

    ReplyDelete