Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Ever Changing Blogscape

I've tried a professional tone. I've done a few posts of random pictures that are better suited for a tumblr account. Posts that reveal lesser known parts of my mind to total strangers. Running how-to(or not to)s. Polite. Vulgar. Clean. Dirty. I have a hard time staying consistent. After a little soul searching, I've figured out why.

I'm complex, just like you.

I have my own little space on the interwebs to do or say whatever I want. At times, I'm inspired to use it to advance myself professionally, obtain sponsorships for running, or put on airs and pretend I'm some super athlete. Maybe it's time to accept the idealistic idea that I can do some good in this world by just being me. If somebody is considering me for a job and finds this blog, should I be concerned that I've written the occasional post about butt crack chafage, or a posted a picture of me with crazy hair and a beer in my hand? I'd like to think not. There are plenty of people who expect potential employees to have spotless records, squeaky clean personalities, and no real passion. With all due irreverence, I don't want to work for anyone like that.

People aren't robots, and to expect them to be is just wrong. One of the pursuits in my life is to live out loud, to give the people and things in my life everything I've got. Comprimising and taking the middle road on everything makes us stand out to no one. Mistakes are fine, but mistakes of apathy are far worse than mistakes of enthusiasm. Everything we do makes us who we are, whether we show it or not.

I occasionally have rediculous adventures with friends














I also have an ultrarunning problem

I can even be professional when duty calls.
Check the tie and tall building.

4 comments:

  1. I think you know something that most people don't, and that's why you'll succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " There are plenty of people who expect potential employees to have spotless records, squeaky clean personalities, and no real passion. With all due irreverence, I don't want to work for anyone like that. "

    right. on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. I know all three of you on some level(FB, meeting in person, stumbling around NYC together, etc.), and I've honestly learned from all three of you. I'm eternally grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete