Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 5: Who came up with this idea?

It's starting to feel...less fun to run 20 miles a day. Though nothing really hurts yet(no one thing more than another anyway), it's just getting a bit stale. It makes my more typical weeks of half the mileage sound like more of a blessing. High mileage weeks will have a place in my training in the future, but only when races are approaching or an awesome long run opportunity presents itself. I'm learning quite a bit though, which was the true aim of such a stupid endeavor.

There's light at the end of the tunnel. I ran 3 miles alone at Pigeon Creek, then met up with Jeff for his long run. The weather was great at 40something degrees and bright sunshine. Even as I approach 100miles in 5 days, the hills and sand are much easier on my legs than the pavement.

14 miles total for the morning, leaving 6 to go.


...and then I dipped into my surplus. I ran 4 in the afternoon, falling short by 2 miles. Luckily I had 4 in the bank. Technically, this makes my entire scheme of running 20 miles a day for 6 days a failure. Lucky for me, I'm a morally loose individual, and will continue as if I didn't break one of my self imposed(or not imposed, apparently) rules.

This means that counting Monday, I've run 105 miles in 6 days, and 102 miles in 5 days. Since every step was running, and every run was done at a respectable pace, this is my highest volume week ever, even if I don't run a single step tomorrow. The plan, however, was Tuesday to Sunday. I've got a plan to get my miles in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment