Thursday, October 13, 2011

Altered State of Consciousness

Exercisers, drug users, movie goers, kids spinning around in circles. People seeking the same ends by different means. Altering one's state of mind using external factors is human nature. Laws soiled me on drugs, the Green Lantern soiled me on movies, and projectile vomitting keeps me from hopping on the tilt-a-whirl.

Occasionally I'll get up early and go for a run(just for reference, unemployed early is about 9am). I'll go without breakfast and bring a cup of coffee for the car ride to the park. The issue that arises is that a couple miles into the run, I get blurry vision and become incrdibly sleepy. The leaves turn into a colorful blur and the ground whizzes by. It really sucks for quality workouts, but in theory it could help becoming familiar with the "runner's low" and promote slowing down and taking in the scenery. I sat at the top of one of the highest hills in the park. It has a clearing on the top so that Lake Michigan is in view to the West, the Autumn trees to the North, East, and South. I sat there, a bit dizzy and sweating profusely, feeling like I'm on top of the world.

Solid training? Safest thing to do? Something anybody should try? Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment