Sunday, June 19, 2011

What was that?

My brain turned on today.

I was working in my yard alone on my lawn mower, a simple task of replacing a rotten fuel line. The smell of the gasoline made me feel reconnected with my past, my father, and my curiosity. I tore the carburetor apart, cleaned it, and put it back together just to see if I remembered how. Just as I got it running, it began to rain. I sat on my porch and watched the lightning as I sipped on a beer. I began reading a book about the unconscious and its greatly underestimated importance in human happiness and interaction. I accounted for an entire week of running, including how I felt and the mileage of each day, in about 25 minutes. I feverishly wrote a note to Sam, telling her how much I loved her so she'd be able to read it when she got home.

The rain let up. The moment was gone. Time for dinner.Until we meet again, subconscious.


No comments:

Post a Comment